Location: Duwamish River along the Tukwila Community Center shoreline, around river mile 6-7.
Project Lead : EarthCorps
Partners: City of Tukwila and Forterra
Increase salmon habitat long the Duwamish River by:
- Increasing shade cover and plant diversity.
- Improving water quality through invasive vegetation management and native plant installation.
- Engaging the community by hosting volunteer planting events.
Progress to Date:
- 2019: Completed initial weed management and installed native trees and shrubs
- 2020: Focused on managing weeds and caring for new plants
Future Plans: EarthCorps has received funding for 2020 continue restoration along the Duwmaish, near the Tukwila Community Center. We will begin new work along river mile 6/7 as well as continue to maintain the Tukwila Community Center Revegetation project site.
Learn more or volunteer at a future event
Questions? Contact Whitney Bowman, EarthCorps Project Manager
Funding for this project is provided by: King County Flood Control District