Location: Mainstem Duwamish adjacent to the BECU office and the Duwamish River Trail (map).
Project Lead : Forterra
Partners: City of Tukwila and BECU (landowner)
- Engage Tukwila and adjacent communities as volunteer stewards
- Maintain areas that have been planted
- Expand the project area upstream, working towards the I-5 overpass
Progress to Date:
- Nearly half a mile of shoreline currently in restoration
- Over 2,000 volunteers have plated over 6,000 plants in the past 10 years
Future Plans: Continue to maintain the area and expand project upstream towards I-5 overpass. As COVID restriction ease, continue working with volunteer stewards at the site.
Questions? Contact Christine Stephens, Riparian Restoration Stewardship Coordination at Forterra.
Funding for this project is provided by: BECU.