Location: Along the mainstem Green River on the left bank in the City of Kent (map)
Project Lead : King County Department of Natural Resources and Parks
Partners: Seattle Public Utilities (landowner), City of Kent Parks and Recreation, and King County Flood Control District
- Plant native trees and shrubs along 2,100 linear feet of the Green River identified as having a high need for tree shade
- Revegetate the mouth of Midway Creek, which provides important habitat for junvenile salmon
- Plant a variety of tall native trees and attractive native shrubs to add beauty along the trail
Progress to Date:
- Cleared site of invasive blackberry, reed canary grass, and knotweed in the summer of 2019
- Planted over 600 trees and 2,200 shrubs in February-March 2020
Future Plans: Crews will continue to maintain the new planting by watering in the summer and controlling invasive weeds that compete with the new trees for water and nutrients.
Questions? Contact Katie Beaver, King County Lower Green River Basin Steward.
Funding for this project is provided by: